LETS CUT SOME STUFF!





For this assignment. I just started drawing. I realize that the more shaded things would not work with the cutter, this got me thinking. Could multiple cuts layered create a different type of depth.
The content was generally things I like, or think is really cool. 







I was thinking a portrait or picture of some kind.

it would have to be "flat graphic" which would involve me blocking out each area of shadow and having a different cut. A portrait could be autobiographical if it was someone important to me. or even a self portrait.

Image result for flat graphic portrait
example of how I would layer different cuts for a portrait. 


If I were to do a 2 toned flat graphic, it would be of a bear, dog or a panda. They are animals I like.





obviously I dont have a bear or a panda. (as much as I wish)
But they are significant in the way you associate things with certain people.  It would be more a ode to a certain person for me.
A doggo. I could use my dog as a image to recreate. This is just a simple sketch of a cartoon.
Image may contain: dog and indoor
This is my Dog. for reference

I really like swirly designs. I think they are fun. >
they remind me of engraved embossed things like pocket watches.  I have a small pocket watch collection.





Font is always an option. maybe not something so simple... but a really calligraphic font might be fun to make.  (and of course with a word thats not so cliche. maybe my name?)
A spooky monster of some type. I like anatomy and monsters.  
a BEAR, and a chandelier.
Making something geometrical but still having it be organic. would be fun.
I really like the idea of putting little chandeliers all over the school. (just like the doughnuts)
Im not sure how a light fixture is related to me. I just like the elements of design and how it interplay's with architecture.  


These type of  organic abstract drawings used to dominate a good chunk of my earlier sketchbooks. it would be fun to have a bunch of pieces I could modge podge together 

I really like owls. its a bit tattoo-ish but it would be an easy design to make to place on an ordinary object.  My next tattoo on myself will be an owl. I really like the symbolism behind them. 
A dounought, - I grew up watching the Simpsons. (have you guys seen the little cut out security camera stencils around ACAD? they are sort of hidden) thats where this idea came from. There would be a bit of humor in just stumbling across a bunch of doughnuts around the school.)

The spaceship came from how much I like space. I play a lot of space related games. eve online is my biggest time waster. 


Image may contain: people standing, fireworks, night and outdoor
I know we were supposed to draw some ideas. But I really like this photo  I snapped during the stampede. The outlines of the people are super interesting to me. they would make a great stencil to put over other images. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts